We still have boxes that we never unpacked, books mostly, so it has made packing a little easier. We also saved all the boxes from our first move and the cat apt move as well. My mother-in-law is coming next week to help me pack the kitchen; she's the best! I'm excited to be able to allow Traegon to jump, pound, and kick on the ground all he wants without worrying about the downstairs neighbor, and his yucky smoke smell that drifts in through any open windows (which makes spring so sad when its tainted!) I am definitely going to miss this ward though. We've made a lot of great friends that we hope to stay in touch with. And the Primary kids! I was the first counsellor for a few months and really enjoyed working with the sweet ladies in our presidency. It was so fun to teach sharing time too; it made me really miss teaching.
Okay..sorry tangent there...so this year Ben got me starburst jelly beans (the blessing of having your bday near Easter), The Giver (the book I compare ALL controlled environment books to, even if they are not at all similar), shorts, Enchanted movie, and a hiking backpack for Traegon! SPOILED! Ben's sister, Kimmy, came over for the 2nd session of Conference and she gave me measuring cups and spoons. Super cute too! My mom had mailed me the Our Best Bites cookbook earlier and my friend Amanda, in Germany, mailed me a book of my blog! Both awesome presents that still make me smile and giddy when I see them. My friend Meesha came over the following Monday to hang out with our kiddos and she gave me a cute picture frame and some handmade soap and lotion that smells so good! Thanks everyone! Best birthday this year! :D :D Kimmy watched Traegon for an hour and Ben and I went shooting at a range we had happened upon just a few miles out of town. I think shooting water bottles is super fun and love to watch them explode. A little destructive...I know. But I think it helps with the three R's, right? Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? Heh heh. The birthday dinner this year was ham fried rice, potstickers and ice cream sandwiches! So...when I say spoiled rotten, I mean it!
Traegon's 10 month mark was yesterday. We had a little photo shoot, which he was grumpy for most of it and wanted me to just let him be. Luckily he gave me some really cute shots. This is what he is up to now:
- Nine month shots went okay...he's in the 25th percentile for everything. I guess that means he's well rounded and consistent?
- 6 Teeth and likes to bite everything, including me. Ouch!
- Tantrums of flinging himself backwards while doing a high pitched squeal. Especially when he's gotten into something he shouldn't and is being dragged away. Oh boy the dramatics! (Ha..I wonder where he gets that from. Definitely not me. heh heh heh)
- Crawling...well...kind of. He's into the scoot/army crawl/gallop. Its quite funny actually and he's gotten really fast at it. Now that he can get around (and into things) he is non-stop room to room.
- Sleeps through the night wonderfully. I think I am all caught up on the sleep I missed the first 7 months!
- Still sporting the natural mow-hawk. I've heard from a few people that I should buzz it all off and let it grow all together. I think it fits his personality too much. Maybe when he's a year...or more...
- Loves it when Daddy comes home from work. He gives him his belt to bite and it is covered in bite marks. Good thing it's black!
- Drinks water from his sippy cup really well now. No more puddles in the carpet and wet socks! (I hate that!)
- Uses his walker to walk down the tiny strip of linoleum in the kitchen. I'm excited to have a little bigger kitchen! He's going to love it!
- Will only stand for a little bit, but is starting to realize that he wants to pull himself up to get things...but hasn't figured out how yet. (Take your time buddy!)
Last but not least! My bestest-friend-sister-from-another-mother is coming the 15-19th!!! I know, its right when we are moving. I feel so bad, but it just ended up like that. She is so understanding though and said she would help us even though its her spring break! She's so great. I can't wait. We have big plans of relaxing *after the big move on saturday* eating lots of food, playing at the park, walking down the strip and going shopping! I'm SO ExCiTeD!!!!
You didn't tell me you liked The Giver! It's my MOST favorite book. I've read it like 8 times and have 2 different copies...one to teach from and one to enjoy! Good blog...how did you have time to write all that? :)
ReplyDeleteOh how I will miss having you so close!!! But I am thrilled for you guys to have more space and less proximity to neighbors :) P.S. that backpack looks amazing! And those pictures of Traegon are so cute!! What a handsome little shirt!
ReplyDelete