Well, we haven't gone to the Dr. yet since he's 9 months today...but I did weigh him on our scale at home and he's 18.4 lbs. Yes, he's still pretty tiny comparatively, but he's come a long way since 6 lbs 2 oz! I do remember that his 8 months sailed by really smoothly. Its these odd months that are the tricky ones. He started getting teeth at 5 months and since then he's been pretty consistent with gaining a new pair of teeth every two months. This is what he's up to lately:
- Propping himself up, then looks for applause
- Rolling everywhere around the house
- Rotating around on his tummy
- Saying "ya ya" "da da" "ma ma" "na na" "ba ba" Of course...not relating these to anything yet!
- Bouncing back on his bumbo...video to follow!
- Clenching his teeth until his head shakes (This makes for a lot of funny faces)
- Blowing spit bubbles
- Feeding himself puffs and holding his bottle
- Enjoying eating everything
- Bit me twice...once on the neck and one unaware finger
- Loves his crib (rolls back and forth with a huge smile while he gets his blankets, binkie, and mobile)
- Shaking his head back and forth when he's tired or falling asleep
- Enjoys toys for 30 seconds and non-toys such as cups, blown up bags (like a balloon), clothespins, pens...the basket for the toys...endless amount of entertainment!
- Bath time and splashing
- Sleeping through the night, most nights. And when he does wake up, its just so I can put his binkie back in! Can we say, spoiled??
- Sitting for only 5 minutes
- And last, but not least, (well at least what I can think of right now...) is the MoHawk! We called him Mr. T before we realized the similarities. Ha!
| I pity the fool! |
![]() |
| Courtesy of Google |
The following video is what he does almost every time I feed him. Not as often with his daddy. Even after we've moved him down to the floor to feed him, he still does this. :P

He looks so much like his daddy! (Loved the video- it made me smile).
ReplyDelete