Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas and 7 months

Merry Christmas!


I know it is a little late to post about Christmas, but oh well! We had Christmas here in Vegas with
Ben's family this year. It was SO MUCH FUN!

The weekend before Christmas, my best friend, Amanda, came from Germany! It was SO good to see her. We talk often over gmail video chat, but it was so much better in person. We had a fabulous time chatting and spending time with each other. I sure love this girl! On Sunday, Ben's sisters Ruby and Kimmy joined us for dinner and a wicked game of Yahtzee. Alas, good times had to come to an end so she could see her family, what's up with that? So, on Monday I drove Manda to St. George where her parents took us to Applebee's for a yummy lunch. Thanks for visiting friend!! And thanks for the lovely cuckoo clock! We love it!

Kristi's beanie
On the way home, I picked up Ben's two youngest sisters, Kristi and Grace and they stayed with us for the week. I taught them out to make beanies with a circle loom while watching Hannah Montana. We eventually had to limit them to watching only 3 a day before we went crazy. Haha. The girls were so helpful with making food and tidying up everyday. Their hats turned out WAY cute. They are so creative. Traegon loved spending time with his Aunties.



Traegon with his Baa-Chan
Ben's Auntie Kari came from California. The girls hadn't seen her in a while, so it was so fun to have her here. She spoiled us with yummy Japanese treats and her wonderful company! Ben's mom, Ellie, (Baa-Chan) came Christmas eve with all the food and presents! On Christmas day,  I put Traegon in his cute Christmas outfit from his Aunt Katie and we went over to Kimmy's house and the festivities began. We ate TONS of yummy food and had lots and lots of presents. Spoiled! Ben's dad, Fred, (Gii-Chan) unfortunately had to work in California, his brother, Jacob, just left for his mission to Kennewick, Washington, and Joy is in Portugal on her mission. So it was a small gathering. We missed having the family gone, but were able to talk to Joy on the phone for almost 2 hours! Ellie and Ruby talked with Jacob on the phone when he was at the airport. And we talked to dad throughout the day. So happy! We love our missionaries!  In my family growing up, we would each take turns opening presents, however, in Ben's family, it is a rampage of opening and wrapping paper everywhere! Oh, and lots and lots of delectable food. It was a lot of fun and lots of laughs!

This is what Christmas is really about, right?
Traegon was in heaven with all the wrapping paper and didn't take notice of his presents until it was all cleaned up. I also learned how to make Angel Pies from Ellie. Ben's grandmother would make them; it is a lemon meringue, where the meringue is actually the crust! So delicious! Thank you family for such fun presents and a wonderful Christmas! Love you!!!

New Years was spent with another best friend, Linsey! We went swimming in our indoor pool, watched a movie, and then went to the top of the parking garage at the airport to see fireworks off the top of the casinos on the strip. My favorite was the Stratosphere because they were coming off the top, and around the circle. Awesome!! Thanks Lins for starting the year off right!

7 months! 17 lbs!
Traegon turned 7 months on Jan. 7th! We moved him into his own room after the Christmas festivities. I was so worried I wouldn't hear him because we don't have a baby monitor. Well, no worries...I usually dream about him crying to wake up and it still happening. So I guess that works! He likes to soothe himself to sleep by shaking his head back and forth. At first its really fast, and then the sleepier he gets...it slows down...and then...he's out. Its so cute. He was just starting to sleep through the night, when he started teething! He's getting his top teeth now. So last week was full of sleepless nights and tylenol. He's feeling a lot better now, and slept all night last night. Whew! He's decided to take a binkie now too. I think its because of his teeth. After trying to soothe him with one for the longest time, it took 7 months for him to like it! :P

He's rolling over like a champ now, but gets stuck on his tummy sometimes. Which he just kicks and kicks like a little froggy, and then lays down when he gets worn out. It makes me laugh because when I would purposely put him on his tummy, he would roll to his back so quickly and now he won't do it! Little stinker.

Messy boy!
Last month he was so picky about food, until I discovered that he's a texture kid. In order for him to eat jar baby food, I have to load it up with rice cereal or oatmeal until it is really thick then he'll gobble it up. He will eat anything I give him. He still likes the meat in broth, which still makes me gag a little. His favorite things are: ceiling fans, lights, kicking on his back and tummy, his caterpillar rattle, laughing to himself, splashing in the tub, and of course, his bottle! This picture is from the other day when he decided it was "I'm the messiest kid"-day. You can see he had a good day from that sly little smile. We sure love this kiddo!

2 comments:

  1. Good times. Glad to see the last picture illustrating that his baby man boobs are coming in quite nicely. Syna tak jak Ojca! X: ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so big now!! And so stinkin' cute!! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebration, sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete