We finally made it to the last leg of our vacation! Humboldt Redwoods State Park! I had never seen redwoods before, so this was very exciting for me. Of course, we had to drive through the first one we came upon!! We have it on video, but here is the picture:
Below is our campsite! The camp hostess said that a bear had walked right through our site the evening before! Ah! More bears!! She said they like to eat the apples in the old apple orchard just a little ways from the camp ground. The apples did smell pretty tasty. Luckily though...we had some noisy boy scouts staying that night, so we didn't have to worry too much. I still cleared the car of every crumb. :)
This picture is for my brother, JD - Traegon Planking!!!
And here are the trees!!
We had a lot of fun climbing on the fallen trees, as I'm sure you will notice...
Traegon also had fun playing in the trees :)
If you look closely, this is the other side of where Traegon is standing...he's that little tiny figure in the back. Who needs a jungle gym when you have redwoods???
This was one of the largest we saw fallen...and the roots were super cool!
Shh....don't tell anyone that Ben snuck over the barrier...this looks like we just photo-shopped him in...but I promise...he was there...and he was breaking the rules!
The following pictures are "Where's Waldo" themed, but in this case, "Where's Ben". Good luck finding him!
This one is a tough one:
.
.
Find him yet??
.
.
Alright, alright.....he's not in that one. Gotcha! :) Heh heh heh. Sorry...I couldn't help myself.
.
.
This family photo was EXTREMELY hard to get when I was the one pushing the self timer! I was just too slow. I should've posted all the ones with me half sitting and blurry as the picture took...but there were too many, so we'll stick with the one good one that BEN did. He's a lot faster than me.
Joslin Totem Pole!
Traegon took this one from his stroller! Pretty good, huh? Okay...we put the tripod ON the stroller and did self timer...but he participated by not moving the stroller too much so it wasn't blurry. Still counts!
Some of the trees had awesome hallowed out trunks from fires. I would totally camp out in one of these trees if I wasn't so creeped out about the other things camping in them too...
Happy Boy! He had lots of fun playing with sticks, leaves, and pine cones!
Eating lunch on a fallen tree bench. So perfect!
Chillin' in the redwoods, eating a cracker.
Probably the best way to spoil your lunch. This slug was HUGE! Where's the salt???
The End! We certainly loved the redwoods and want to visit again soon!
On our trip home, we detoured through Nevada City, CA to visit Ben's Aunt Nancy and family. It was SO fun to spend time with them in their beautiful home...and take a shower and sleep in a nice warm bed too! She even spoiled us with fresh blackberries - complete with blackberry pie AND blackberry crepes in the morning. YUM! Unfortunately, our visit was short and we want to visit longer another time...maybe this summer??? It's getting close! Haha! We also stopped at Lake Tahoe, such a beautiful lake! It would be a fun summer vacation spot too.
![]() |
| There was freezing wind that day, so we had to buddle a little bit. |
Traegon was a champ in the car. He read books, watched Baby Einstein, and slept. He was so excited to get out of the car and explore new places, but was certainly excited when we got home - when he saw his crib, he squealed and laughed. I almost dropped him as he lunged to get in. He snuggled right up with a huge smile. What a cutie. We had such a great adventure! Ben did an awesome job planning the whole trip and it went so smoothly. I loved seeing the areas Ben grew up and sharing those experiences with him and Traegon. Since it took me so long to post this, summer is almost here already and we've been brainstorming where we'll be going next...woo hoo! Its almost like winter never hit on the blog! Hah! Well, instead of doing a bunch of backposts to catch up, (Sorry...I'm sure you've been waiting ALL this time) I figure I'll just post randomly and keep you on your toes. :)


































I HAVE been waiting...it's about time! I love your commentary; it's the best part! PS: I DID find Ben in the last "Where's Ben" picture. He's in the fallen tree hunched over...you can see his white legs! HA! No really, look at it closely and you'll convince yourself he's there (I did).
ReplyDelete