Thursday, June 9, 2011

Traegon's ONE!!!

Trying to persuade Traegon to open presents
I am a proud parent of a one year old! Whoa. Never thought this day would come...and its already past! Traegon's first birthday was on the 7th and boy did we have a day! We had a lovely morning with cinnamon-applesauce-oatmeal and watched "Baby Signing Time". (Thanks Manda!) During nap-time, I got ready for the day and then started making his cake. I had had a nightmare the night before that I didn't get it made in time and he was SO sad (which I know he would know the difference)...so I made sure to make it early enough. This is when I realized we didn't have any powdered sugar! The nightmare was seemingly coming true...but not to worry! After Traegon woke up, we had spaghetti for lunch, then went straight to Smiths.

Ball Pit!
Traegon loves to ride in his stroller, so he rode that into Smiths and got the powdered sugar and some candles. Yep...forgot about those too! That right there could've been the nightmare...Ha! When we got home, I put Traegon down for his afternoon nap. Recently discovering that he can stand in his crib, he refused to sleep. After much crying, and then me feeling bad for him crying on his birthday (Not normally such a sucker! I promise!) I got him out and we snuggled on our bed. Then after getting crawled over, gouged in the eyes and nose (yep...he's discovering those are pretty fun to poke!) we finally got up. I put him in the walker and decided I had better get this cake made. Nap-time was meant to be full of wrapping presents and making cake, but we only got as far as the cake since there was NO NAP! I made a Texas Sheet Cake (recipe from Becca, Thanks!!) and it turned out pretty delicious looking. I also got dinner ready to be put in the fridge so I could just pop it in the oven when we got home later.


His new favorite activity
At 3:45, we drove to our friend Anthea's house for a play date.  It was a spontaneous event that just made his birthday perfect! He got to play with his friends John, Mikas, and Madeline, and I got to visit with my friends Anthea and Becca! On the way over, Traegon fell asleep in the car for the 15 min. drive. I guess that’s better than nothing. Anthea is moving to Oregon July 1st, (Sad day!) and she's given me lots of house goodies she didn't want to have to move. I feel SO spoiled!! She's so amazing. I’m going to miss her. She had lots of maternity clothes for Becca and I to sort through as well; it felt like my birthday too! *Not that we are expecting, folks! Just for future use* Becca gave Traegon a super cute outfit and we had a lot of fun just chatting and playing. Everyone sang to Traegon and he just smiled and was loving the attention. It was so cute. Thanks girls!! It was so fun to visit!
Ben juggling
We picked up Ben from the Transit Station on our way home. Threw the chicken in the oven...not literally...haha...and then Ben wrapped Traegon’s presents while I fed him some dinner. His Aunties Kimmy and Ruby came over for the party! We had dinner, then opened presents! Traegon wasn’t too interested in his presents at first...which was so different from Christmas...but after some persuasion he started opening. He had lots of fun presents, and mostly from other people! We gave him two toys we found for a dollar yard sale-ing two weekends ago. The funny thing is, he's been playing with those toys for two weeks, we just wrapped them. We like to spoil him, as you can see.
Kim juggling...Family Trait?
Ruby juggling
One of each color candles (not turning 5-Ha!)
After presents, we lit the candles on his cake and sang to him....well...we did it twice actually! The first time we filmed it and the second time we took pictures! Ha! I know...we’re such first-time parents! Traegon was a little shy about digging into his whole cake, but once he had a piece in front of him, he got right down to it. I’m pretty sure he’s already a choc-aholic. The cake was so yummy! We just couldn't stop eating it. Yum...I probably should have some more when I'm done posting... :) During his bath-time, Ben decided to put all the playpen balls in too! Traegon had an awesome birthday bath and an even better sugar high afterwards! For only having a 15 min. afternoon nap....spinning circles on the floor and diving into his pool was hilarious. He finally did calm down and go to sleep around 10:30! Yikes. 
Yummy Cake!
Here is what Traegon is up to at ONE:
- Climbs the stairs in a matter of minutes. All 16 of them! 
- Claps. Especially when Daddy says, “Yay!!”
- Loves dinner time! That’s when he gets the most ‘real people’ food.
- Doesn’t like the texture of cheese.
Party in the Tub
- Crawls like a champ, but still likes to gallop.
- Pulls up on everything that will hold him. Then cries when he's done standing. He hasn't quite figured out how to go back down without falling and bonking his head.
- Scoots along the couches.
- Climbs up on the futon. This makes him very proud and he usually claps to himself. So cute!
- Loves oranges. At the park a couple weeks ago, he stole half an orange and started gorging himself. It was halfway gone before we caught him! 
- Plays with his inflatable pool inside and now has playpen balls to enjoy.
- Loves reading books. Especially Little Puppy pub. by Igloo.
- Hasn’t tried milk yet...gotta go shopping...
- Stands up in his crib. Had to rearrange the room a bit. Poor blinds didn’t know they had it comin’.
- Walks when I hold his hands, but not very far before he’s distracted with something he wants to play with. 
- Ticklish EVERYWHERE! 
- Cuddles when he just wakes up or is sleepy. I love these moments.


Thanks to everyone who shared birthday thoughts to our special guy! Happy Birthday Mr. T! We feel so blessed to have you as a part of our family! We love you!
Clapping

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I love the picture of Traegon with the balls in the bathtub. :)

    ReplyDelete