Friday, November 11, 2011

Family Vacation #2 - Camping outside of Yosemite

All that driving we did to get to Yosemite to camp, and around 8:30 pm we ended up JUST OUTSIDE OF IT! The campground we had originally wanted to go to was still an hour away, it was dark, the campground we had just checked out was full, and Traegon was done with being in the car.   Fortunately, there was one down the road that we found and we got one of the last few sites! I was particularly nervous about a bear attacking us in the night. We had educated ourselves by watching a National Geographic on Yosemite a few weeks before our trip, and it just freaked me out more. Haha! So when I saw the bear box, I put EVERYTHING in it, even Traegon's car seat...you know...just in case that bear wanted to eat the tiny crumbs that had gathered in the bottom of his seat. As you can predict, no bear came - thanks to me, of course! - and we had a fairly good nights sleep. In the morning, we took a stroll to the river. Traegon was pretty excited about the water and wasn't willing to let us hold him - he wanted IN! It was freezing though, so he had to make due with putting only his hands in it. Next post will be our day IN Yosemite! :D 

I'll interpret Traegon's thoughts here, "Dada - take me to the water!"
"Dada - C'mon! Let me go Momma!"
"This just isn't fair! I wanna touch the water!"
"Ahhh...That's more like it!"

Ben - Being his usual adventure-some self
Traegon wasn't too happy about being put down to walk along the bench.
Let's go hikin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment